An essential feature to decorate your home is choosing the right furniture for it, but what does your furniture need most? For a home to appear sophisticated yet cozy, your furniture has to look elegant and classy but inviting and comfortable. Decorating your sofa and bed with different cushions and pillows is the best way to do it.
Seven tips to decorate your home using cushions:
The clue to master your home decor per your personality and liking is understanding how to use the cushions. Though cushions get all the credit for furniture decoration, it is the cushion covers that give it personality. So, keep in mind the following points while decorating:
- Co-ordination: The first and foremost requirement is to make sure that you coordinate the cushions according to the present or previous Interiors. Sync the patterns and colors of the cushion with the existing décor.
- The number of cushions: While decorating your bed or sofa with cushions, make sure you use the appropriate number. Or else you will make it look stuffed or lacking. For instance, if your sofa is a 3–4-seater, then five cushions, and as for a two-seater, three cushions are good enough.
- Arrangement: You can make several arrangements to suit your particular furniture. Experiment with sizes and shapes to suit your décor. Or you can pair one large round pillow with two small cushions, etc.
- Style, Textures, and Patterns: The covers’ colors, prints, and texture must compliment the other Interiors and furniture. Experiment with different kinds of cushions and with different textures and patterns. You can match the previous décor or try mixing it with other colors with various mismatched and contrasting colors that subtly complement your interior.
- Cushion up your bedroom: You can coordinate your bedsheets and cushions with striking yet beautiful colors. You should opt for simple and warm-looking prints to give your bedroom a welcoming and comfortable vibe. You can also notch it up by using a contrasting combination of colors and patterns in the covers.
Take season into consideration:
6. Cushions are home decor accessories that help in modifying your home. You can make use of colors to reflect the seasons. Like, for summers, you can use floral patterns, soft shades, eye-soothing colors, fabric like cotton, etc. As for winters, use rich and dark shades with fabric like velvet, silk, etc.
- A makeover to old-style: You can give a makeover to your old cushions by giving it an intriguing spin. You can pair the older designs with a mismatched new design. You can add a different sequence, use different old covers to make a new big cover, add funky-looking laces or other decorative pieces to the ears of the cushions.
There are multiple styles of cushions with different styles and fabrics. The cushion covers add beauty and life to your home; therefore, providing people with an opportunity to decorate their furniture and rooms according to their liking. It helps make the interior of their home a statement of grace and elegance.