One of the most well-known ways of driving traffic to your website and improving SEO rankings is guest blogging. Guest blogging helps in reaching more audiences as well as building links with others in the same field. However, due to some fake bloggers and scams, it is advised to use this feature honestly and not abuse its power.
What is Guest Blogging?
Guest Blogging refers to writing blogs for another company as a ‘guest.’ This involves creating external backlinks to attract traffic to the guest’s website. It leads to:
- Increased traffic and improved SEO rankings.
- Increase in your credibility and awareness.
- We are building better relations with peers and professionals.
Also, Guest blogging is a two way-street benefiting both the parties involved. That is why this process has still not lost its appeal and is popular among SEO professionals.
How does it create value in SEO?
Guest blogging as an SEO strategy has always been the experts’ favourite. However, to sincerely create value,
- It should not be paired up with cheap content writers who barely have any knowledge about thatparticular industry to write the guest blogs.
- Be authentic while using this approach. Build links with genuine guest bloggers who have a deep insight and experience of the field.
- As guest bloggers, use your own experiences, case studies and work results to provide truthful information to the readers.
- Don’t fall into the trap of fake bloggers and scammers using keyword-rich links and duplicating the articles.
Only bringing genuine, honest and earnest efforts to the table is when high value will be created for the involved parties.
Step by step guide:
- Things to know before beginning:
- Use guest blogging to create authority and not just backlinks.
- Develop a viable brand with a transparent design logo, social and trust signals, relevance etc. Do not look like spam, affiliate, and low content brands no one would want to associate too.
- Be a guest blogger yourself before inviting other bloggers to your site.
- Look for guest blogging opportunities:
To look for available opportunities, you can use the following methods,
- Google search: You can look for guest blogging opportunitiesby simply searching on Google, as we do for almost everything. However, this method might yield mixed results as you may get fake or spam bloggers and companies.
- Through Influencers: Find your targets by searching for guest posts of the top influencers in your industry. When you research deeply, you will be able to get top-quality marks.
- Through Competitor’s Links: You can analyze where your competitors have guest blogged to obtain an idea of your targets.
- Buzzsumo: It is an app through which you can analyze and separate your target guest posts.
- Content Explorer:It is a tool to filter out the vast database of posts available.
- Sorting out the best opportunities:
Once you’ve identified out all the possible opportunities, you cannot use all of them. You will have to categorize them into the top, mid, lower and rejected tiers to continue. This is possible using the following methods:
- Domain Metrics: Domain Rating, backlinks etc.
- Quality of the content: Search their posts to know the kind of content they post.
- Profile of Authors: How or what do they do to maintain the shape of authors on their site.
- Interaction: How many shares do their posts typically get? Does the audience like their posts?
- Relevance: Does the audience find their helpful content?
- Approach the targets and pitch their ideas:
After selecting the targets, try sending your pitches to them through E-mails to capture their attention. The top-tier targets might not seem interested straight away. Thus, build a relationship with them beforehand.
- Find ideas for blog topics:
Once you have approached many people and received their replies, you need to brainstorm for topics to write upon. These may vary depending upon the content they have already posted, their target audience and SEO. However, too many issues are challenging to find, and thus, you will have to get creative.
- Create the content and post:
Once your ideas are approved, create readable content using images and graphics and send it to editors for feedback. Once everything is backed, post it. By doing this, you may be able to build relations for life.
Guest Blogging for SEO is about creating backlinks and creating absolute links that would become a part of your whole marketing strategy. Even a few times on top authority sites, publishing would help you gain traffic and clicks for your website.