The liver is a vital organ and is the largest organ in the human body. It is one of the vital organs and has some crucial functions. Its primary function is to filter the system by converting toxins to waste products, cleanses the body and processes various nutrients. Therefore, for a healthy lifestyle, you must keep your liver healthy. According to some of the top liver transplant hospitals in India, here is a list of certain foods to keep your liver clean.
7 Foods To Cleanse Your Liver
- Fatty Fish: Fresh tuna, anchovies, sardines and mackerel are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. These Omega-3 fatty acids help in reducing inflammation in our body. They also prevent the building of excess fats and maintain the levels in the liver.
- Green Leafy vegetables: Green leafy vegetables contain high amounts of chlorophyll and have the ability to soak a lot of toxins from the bloodstream. They consist of vitamins, minerals and fibre, which don’t increase many calories. A diet which consists of green leafy vegetables also reduces the risk of heart disease, obesity and high blood pressure.
- Cruciferous vegetables: These vegetables are a significant source of glutathione. This is responsible for triggering cleansing enzymes which help in removing carcinogens and other toxic substances from the body. So, you can consider adding broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage which are rich in glutathione to your diet.
- Garlic: Garlic is rich in antibacterial agents and selenium. It can also activate liver detox enzymes. These enzymes can eliminate toxic substances from the body.
- Infusions: Tea and coffee can be useful for the liver. Well, coffee helps in reducing the risk of liver cancer, whereas tea, especially green tea, is high in antioxidants. The addition of rosemary can be beneficial for the liver.
- Nuts: Nuts are high in nutrients and fats and are suitable for the gut. It can also improve the levels of liver enzymes. Nuts also contain high levels of glutathione and omega-three fatty acids which support in naturally cleaning the liver. Almonds are rich in vitamins and can be helpful for the liver.
- Olive Oil: When the fat starts accumulating in the liver, your doctor might suggest you switch to oil which helps in reducing these accumulated fats in the liver. Olive oil helps in improving insulin sensitivity and improves the levels of liver enzymes in the blood.
If you are already suffering from liver disease and have to undergo a liver transplant, then you must consider choosing the top liver transplant hospital in India. Before selecting the hospital or surgeon where you should consider having your transplant, you must do a lot of analysis and choose the best hospital for you.
This list of foods may help cleanse your liver naturally. The critical diet to a healthy liver and body is to consume a moderate level of every food and to follow a strict and systematic exercise. Hospitals like Max Healthcare, a top liver transplant hospital in India, have highly trained professionals and surgeons.