The Netgear Nighthawk app helps you manage the WiFi compatible devices connected to your router’s network. It consists of various features that make it easy for you to access your router’s settings. These features include Guest WiFi, Parental Control, Traffic Meter, Speed Test, QR Code WiFi Sharing, etc. Let’s discuss these features in detail.
- Guest WiFi: If the number of visitors in your home is high, then you can set up a Guest WiFi network for them. This feature also helps in improving the security of your Netgear router.
- Parental Control: It helps to monitor internet usage by your kids. It also helps in assigning a time limit for internet usage.
- Device List: You can view a list of the devices connected to your Nighthawk router’s network.
- Traffic Meter: It monitors the router’s internet traffic over a specific period of time.
- Speed Test: Test the internet speed with the built-in Ookla Speed Test. This amazing feature by the Nighthawk app allows you to store the previous test’s history too.
- QR Code WiFi Sharing: You can easily share login credentials via the QR code without disclosing.
- Remote Access: You can easily enable or disable remote access to your WiFi device. This feature is now known as Anywhere Access.
Let’s discuss what is Anywhere Access feature and how can you enable it on your Netgear WiFi router.
What is Anywhere Access Feature?
Anywhere access feature of the Netgear router app allows you to set up cloud access so that you can remotely manage your WiFi router’s key settings using a smartphone. If you want to monitor your router’s settings from anywhere, then continue reading to enable the Anywhere Access feature on your Netgear router.
But, before we start with the steps, keep the following points in mind:
- Have access to a lightning-fast internet.
- Use the default login credentials to log into your Nighthawk router.
Steps to Enable Anywhere Access on Netgear Router
Follow the steps given below to enable Anywhere Access if you have performed Netgear Nighthawk setup in your home:
- Turn On Your Nighthawk Router
- Connect your Netgear Nighthawk router to a working power outlet and turn it on.
- Pick an Ethernet cable and make a connection between your Nighthawk router and modem.
- Download the Nighthawk App
- After connecting your Nighthawk router to the modem, unlock your smartphone.
- Now, navigate to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store as per the device you are using.
- Go to the search bar and type Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Download the app from the displayed results.
- Wait for the Nighthawk app to finish the installation.
- Log into Your Nighthawk Router
- Once the Nighthawk app gets installed, launch it by tapping its icon.
- Now, create a Netgear account by entering your name, email, and password.
- Once done, you will be prompted to login to Nighthawk router
- Thereafter, fill in the default username and password of your Netgear Nighthawk router in the required fields.
- Tap the Log In button.
- As soon as you tap Log In, you will get redirected to the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Enable Anywhere Access on Your Router
- On the Netgear router dashboard, tap on the Menu icon.
- Now, tap the Settings menu and select the Anywhere Access option.
- Move the Anywhere Access slider to the right to enable Anywhere Access.
In this way, you can enable the Anywhere Access feature on your Netgear router and access its settings from anywhere.
This was all about how to enable anywhere access on your Nighthawk router. We hope that you will be able to do so and manage your router remotely. If you liked reading this article, don’t forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.