While a majority of famous social media apps have now received a native dark theme or mode over the past few years, However, there are still quite a few that are without this updated feature. For example, Snapchat is the most popular social media app that offers this mode to iPhone users but still, some people don’t know How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat. While this feature is still absent for android users. because they don’t offer dark mode support. But that’s set to change soon. That means that this remarkable social media app is all set to start rolling out a darker mode on its Android app and its similar functionality soon like on iOS mobiles. But if you are so anxious about it and don’t want to wait anymore then you can utilize a simple workaround strategy to enable dark mode on Snapchat for Android right away.
How To Get Dark Mode on Snapchat 2021 for Android Users?
Over the past several days, several iOS Snapchat users reported that they saw an updates section in this app section labeling the “App Appearance” section. This new section displays three primary options:
- Match System
- Always Light
- Always Dark
All these are the different iOS system themes that allow you to match your app theme with that of the systems. You may either keep the default setting on always light or always dark option according to your wish.
Although this setting is not live on the Android version of the app, yet some SDA Recognized Developer Quinny899 reports suggest that it is possible to enable and turn on the in-development dark theme of Snapchat in Android phones utilizing the Preferences Manager App.
The step-by-step guide for tuning on the in-development dark mode on Android phones is as follows:
- First of all, download the Preferences manager app of Android phones from the Play Store.
- Then on the home page, select the Snapchat social media app
- After that, open up the file named, “APP_START_EXPERIMENT_PREFS. XML file
- In that file, look for a “DARK_MODE” Flag
- Once you find it, turn it on and set it to ËNABLED”.
Following all these steps, now you are set to go. The dark mod of the Snapchat app has been turned on your mobile. You can see that in your mobile’s workaround.
However, do note that the dark mode of Snapchat is still very much a thing in continuous progress, so sometimes you may notice some inconsistencies. For example, you may see a number of screens having some grey text appeared on a plain black background, or a few pages that have still not been properly themed.
You might be interested in reading about 24 Motives 24 Names Challenge on Instagram Explained
How To Get Dark Mode on Snapchat 2021 on iPhone Mobile?
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps that were without a dark mode system for a long time in the past. But since last year, several developers have been rolling out a unique darker theme mode for more and more iPhone users. Fortunately, now most iPhone users will be able to utilize the darker mode of Snapchat. However, this update is still unavailable for most android users.
The following is the method of How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat and how to enable it:
- First of all, open up the Snapchat app on your iPhone and log in if you are asked to do so.
- Then look in the upper left corner, you will see a small circle with a profile avatar. It is your profile picture, tap on it to see your profile page
- After opening the profile menu, see the upper right corner of your profile page. There you will see a gear-like settings icon, click on it to have further options
- Now in the settings menu, go in the “My Account” section, scroll it down until there appears an option labeled as “APP Appearance”. (Note: If you don’t find this option in your settings menu, then it means you are unable to use dark mode yet”.
- Further in the “App Appearance” menu, you will see three different options
- Always Light
- Match System
- Always Dark
Tap on the “Always Dark” option. It will enable Snapchat’s dark mode on your iPhone.
On the other hand, you can also select the “Match system” option. That will help to sync your app with your iPhone’s settings.
Therefore, whenever your iPhone system changes between the light and dark mode automatically throughout the day, your Snapchat mode will change too.