Every Employee is like a Wheel to the Project! It has been shown time and time again, if you give autonomy or freedom to your employees, it can give you better results than controlling and assigning them different tasks on a day-to-day basis. This means that you do not have to have a check on your employees all the time. They can manage and arrange tasks according to what they know is best.
But this does not mean not keeping tabs on their progress and getting them to report on their status. Autonomy comes with a sense of responsibility to the employee that he has finish things within a specific time. This encourages him to complete assigned tasks so that the workflow goes well, while still having the responsibility to hit deadlines.
Autonomy Drives Your Work as a Team Unit
To learn more about setting up a truly autonomous workplace check out this article for a range of great tips. The best way to check that how autonomy is granted to the employees is working is by conducting a survey or having a small audit that can lead to excellent results about which areas they would like more autonomy.
Autonomy at the workplace proves significant in driving a strong connection between all the employees. It gives freedom to employees to come up with new ideas and incentives that can collectively help the project and the organization. By granting autonomy to the employees, it gives them the feeling that they have a purpose. It also means they can manage their own goals to achieve which will encourage the team to own the project and strive for its success. It also makes them realize how their work fits into the bigger picture and can really affect others employees ability to work on their own projects.
How to Promote Autonomous Culture in an Organization
There are various steps that an employer needs to take that can encourage him to grant autonomy.
- Simply hire those people who can work autonomously, this means that hiring professionals who are eager to work on their own and dedicated to their professional growth.
- Making employees choose their tasks provides a healthy workflow environment. These choices should envisage some boundaries. it will encourage him to choose the best option for himself.
- Grant ownership to employees, by doing this they do not feel like working on the company’s project rather they will consider it their project.
- A good communication model should be present between employees and their managers so that they talk and get help about certain issues.
- Acknowledging mistakes makes it more viable for the employees to work with ease. Criticism should not be for the sake of identifying mistakes rather it should be constructed so that everyone can work without pressure.
What to do if you need some temporary help to get a project finished?
It has become easier for everyone than ever before to get their ever growing ‘to do’ list done with just one click, just by sourcing some skilled labour. You don’t even need to hire staff directly now, because you can hire labor directly from labour hire agents like Canberra labour hire. You can easily request a team of workers to help you finish your project, and then once done, you send the workers back. They are not on your payroll, you just have to pay for the days that you used them. It is that simple!