Netgear Genie is a mobile app that helps you manage your home WiFi network. It appears in the form of a dashboard having various features. Once you perform Netgear Genie download, you can use the app to access your Netgear router. In addition, you can also check the internet speed and monitor the devices connected to your router’s network.
The Netgear Genie app offers amazing features like remote access by which you can access your Netgear router remotely. Moreover, with the help of the app, you can diagnose and repair network issues, set up a guest network, and even reboot your router.
But, to take advantage of all these features of the Netgear genie app, you need to log into your router first. So, without any delay, let’s discuss the steps to perform router login via the Netgear Genie app.
Steps to Log into Your Router Using Netgear Genie App
Follow the steps given below to log into your router using the Netgear Genie app:
- Switch On Your Netgear Router
- Plug your Netgear wireless router into a working wall outlet.
- Switch on the Power button and wait for the LED to glow solid green.
- Now, make a hardwired connection between your Netgear router and the modem.
- Download the Netgear Genie App
- After establishing a connection between your WiFi devices, unlock your smartphone.
- Now, launch the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Head towards the search bar and type Netgear Genie app.
- Select the app from the results displayed on the screen.
- Download the Netgear Genie app and wait for it to install properly.
- Log into Your Router
- Once the Netgear Genie app gets installed, launch it.
- Create a Netgear account by providing the required details.
- When prompted to log in, fill in the default routerlogin.net credentials.
- Tap the Log In button.
- Once logged in, you can access the various features of the Netgear Genie app and manage your router.
Note: If you have performed Netgear WiFi extender setup , then you can also log into it using the Genie app.
What to Remember While Performing Netgear Router Login?
Although logging into your WiFi device via the Netgear Genie app is quite easy, still some users face issues while doing so. To make sure you are not one of them, keep the following points in mind:
- Confirm that you have plugged your Netgear router into a working wall socket. Besides, avoid using a surge protector to power up your WiFi device.
- It is recommended to download the latest version of the Netgear Genie app on your smartphone. Doing so will help you in avoiding issues while logging into your router.
- Do not proceed with the Netgear router login until the power LED on your Netgear WiFi router stabilizes.
- Avoid running any background activity on your smartphone while performing router login via the Netgear Genie app.
- Use the correct default login credentials to log into your router. Remember that the default username and password are case-sensitive. If entered incorrectly, they can create issues. Therefore, it is advised to refer to the Netgear user manual while typing the default login details.
- The connection between your router and modem should be finger-tight and secure. A loose cable connection can cause problems while logging into your router using the Netgear Genie app.
- The Ethernet cable used to connect your WiFi devices should not have any cuts.
- Above all, do not turn off your Netgear router while performing router login via the Genie app.
This was all about how to log into your WiFi router using the Netgear Genie app. We hope that you will be able to perform Netgear router login and access the various features of the app to manage your router.