The printer test page keeps track of the printer’s performance. With every test page, the user is provided with the status of their printers. It is stated to be the health inspector that keeps an eye on all the printers. Users have also encountered lots of benefits after conducting the print test page.
There are lots of benefits that print test pages provide to their users. Some of them are listed below. Therefore, ensure to go through them properly.
Benefits of using a Print Test Page
Print test page helps in detecting all the issues described below.
- Alignment Issues: The user can easily get to know whether they placed the ink cartridge in the right order or not. After conducting the print test page, just make sure to go through it carefully. If the print reflects some smudged inks then there would be some issues within the cartridge.
- Blocked Printheads: You can also know about dried ink. Well, the printhead is the hardware part that helps to transfer the ink to pages. At times, it gets blocked when not used regularly. So, always make sure to conduct a print test page to know the weak parts of the printer.
- Uneven Ink Flow: If the test page shows you some uneven ink flow then there would be a faulty cartridge.
- Printer Status: It also informs you about the communication issue when the printer smoothly runs a test print but is unable to print other documents.
So, these are the different benefits that a printer test page provides. You can get to know about the status of your printer in a minimal time. Therefore, conduct the relevant solution in that possible manner.
How to Print a Printer Test Page on Windows 10
The procedure to conduct a printer test page is really simple and awesome. If you are a user of Windows 10 then try out these steps mentioned below.
- Open the Control Panel
- Head towards the Devices and Printers
- Now, perform a right-click on the same.
- Choose Printer Properties from other options.
- Thereafter, hit on the Print Test page when it appears on a new screen.
- After that, the printer test page will start on the system.
- Hit Okay when the page has printed.
- In the end, just close the window.
How to Print a Printer Test Page on Windows 8/8.1
For Windows 8/8.1 users, here is the step-by-step guide to conducting a printer test page.
- Hit the Windows key.
- Alternatively, tap on the left side of the desktop.
- Tap on the Start-up menu.
- Consequently, choose “View Devices & Printers”
- Try to locate your printer.
- Make sure to perform a right-click on your printer’s icon.
- Go to the drop-down menu and choose Printer Properties
- Furthermore, choose the Print Test button from a new pop-up window.
- Now, the procedure will start.
- Once it ends just hit on the Okay button to close that opened window.
How to Print a Printer Test Page on Windows 7
The steps are provided below to print a printer test page. Make sure to conduct each step carefully.
- Firstly, click on the Windows Start menu.
- Thereafter, choose the Control Panel.
- Now, head towards the Devices and Printers.
- Make sure to perform a right-click on the printer’s icon.
- Go through the drop-down menu and find out Printer Properties.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear.
- Tap on the Print Test Page from this opened window.
- The printer will conduct the print test page.
- You just analyze the result and check where the real issue lies.
Steps to Conduct a Printer Test Page on Windows XP
Windows XP has different settings and paths. So, just follow as guided below to conduct the procedure.
- First of all, tap on the Windows Start button.
- Thereafter, choose the Control Panel option.
- Now, make sure to open the tab named Printers and Faxes.
- Try to locate your printer with its model number.
- Furthermore, perform a right-click on your printer icon.
- Go through the drop-down menu and hit the Properties button.
- Consequently, choose Print a test page.
- The printer will receive the command and perform the same.
- After successfully printing, just hit the OK button.
How to Print a Printer Test Page on Windows Vista
The steps below will help you to print a printer test page on Windows Vista. So, make sure to do as guided here.
- Head towards the Windows Start menu.
- Thereafter, choose the Control Panel button.
- Make sure to perform a double click on the printer.
- Try to locate the printer and right-click on the same.
- Go through the drop-down menu and choose Printer Properties.
- Consequently, choose the Print Test Page from a new window.
- The test will be conducted now.
- Close the window by hitting on the Okay button.
So, this is how you can conduct the print test page on different Windows versions. We hope that you like this article and successfully did the task. However, if there comes any problems and you face any kind of issues while conducting the task then make sure to comment down in the box below.