Over a period of time, IPTV has gained a lot of attention worldwide. In Canada, several people like to use IPTV to enhance their experience of watching TV on various devices. IPTV allows users to watch TV on various devices, including computers, laptops, Smartphones, Smart TVs, etc. With the growing demand for this technology, many companies are coming up with their IPTV solution, offering high-quality resolution. As per the report by Grand View Research, the global IPTV market size, valued at USD 39.2 billion in 2019, is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.1% from 2020 to 2027. (Resource: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/internet-protocol-television-iptv-market). The rise in user demand and the innovations in networks will support this growth. In this blog, you will get to know various details about IPTV along with some of the top-notch IPTV solution providers in Canada.
In today’s time, many industries, including telecom, media, and tech companies, are investing in IPTV apps development to provide stream media or video content using the internet. Consequently, generating huge revenue.
What is IPTV?
IPTV or Internet Protocol Television is a smart technology to watch TV shows on various devices. It uses a series of IP packets to deliver various TV programs. Unlike traditional ways that use satellite signals and cable TV formats, IPTV uses Internet Protocol packages. These packages help in delivering enhanced audio and video quality along with numerous choices for the users.
The IPTV was introduced in Canada in the year 1999 by NBTel, now known as Bell Aliant. The service was available commercially via Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) with Alcatel 7350 DSLAM and iMagic TV’s middleware.
The key requirements to watch IPTV include a reliable broadband connection and a device to watch. Also, to watch TV shows on devices like Smartphones, tablets, computers, and so on, one needs to use one of the several different IPTV apps available online.
How Does It Work?
IPTV works by converting television signals into small packets of data or information. When subscribing to an IPTV service, the users get a delivery network linked to broadband along with a set-top box. The set-top box is installed at the location (home or office). The set-top box receives the signals and decodes them to display video/audio on the television screen.
Advantages of IPTV over Traditional Cable TV System
Some of the key benefits of IPTV over traditional cable TV system include:
- Cost-Effective Solution: Since an IPTV system doesn’t require a separate satellite or an aerial to receive signals within the location, it makes a cost-effective solution for the users. In addition, an IPTV system costs less due to the reduced cost of high-speed broadband. Therefore, users can enjoy more content by paying less.
- Better Quality: As compared to standard cable TV systems, IPTV systems provide digital content with enhanced picture quality. Thus deliver a better user experience.
- Unlimited Content: In traditional cable systems, users can watch only the channels (available within the bandwidth) that they select to view. However, in the IPTV system, users can watch virtually unlimited content as per their interests or requirements.
- Access to Various Services and Features: With the IPTV solution, users can get numerous services and features usually offered by cable service providers for additional charges. Middleware is one of the best features of IPTV that allows users to use branded services, including video-on-demand, time-shifted television, and more.
Why choose IPTV for your Business?
Nowadays, many enterprises are using IPTV within their organization to engage and inform their employees about any happenings. Since it uses an internet protocol suite over the internet, it is not limited to live broadcast channels. It can also watch video on demand, live programs, on-demand internal productions, etc. Besides, it offers the utmost flexibility and scalability, thus fits well in any work environment. With the help of IPTV, organizations can showcase any multimedia content on various display screens installed in common rooms, receptions, cafeterias, or directly to employees’ computer screens.
Another key reason to choose IPTV is for branding. Yes, continuous branding is one of the key requirements of businesses to stay ahead of their competitors. Investing in customized IPTV apps development can help businesses improve their brand image by showcasing their updates, new products, services, business achievements, etc.
In addition, with customized IPTV app solutions, companies can generate better revenue through advertisements, pay-per-view content, etc. Companies can even utilize the IPTV solution to access any high-quality content after taking a nominal charge.
Salient features of IPTV platform
Some of the key features of the IPTV system include:
- Provide personalized services
- Cloud-based solution
- Video/TV on Demand (VOD)
- Services are available for various devices, including TV, desktop, laptop, smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Supports features like pause, fast-forward, re-play, music on-demand, multimedia player, and much more.
- Content download service
- Time-shift TV.
- Pay Per View (PPV), etc.
Top-Notch IPTV Solution Providers in Canada
Searching for the best IPTV service provider is quite a confusing task. In Canada, a cable subscription is high in demand. As a result, people there have very little or no knowledge about the best IPTV service providers available in the market. Through this blog, we can help you to find the best service provider. Here is the list of the top 10 IPTV solution providers in Canada, have a look:
1. Beanfield IPTV Plans
Beanfield IPTV operates over a fiber-optic network. It allows users to hide the channels that they do not wish to watch. It allows users to enjoy their favorite TV shows and movies in HD. Besides, the subscribers can enjoy cloud-based storage, which means that the TV shows that they want to watch later can be stored on the cloud. It also provides Go Services, allowing users to watch their favorite content while on the move.
- No duplicate channels
- Crystal-clear picture quality
- Allows easy upgrading of cloud storage
- Excellent customer support
- Video-on-demand service
- Limited service availability
- No bundle packages
StreamBuddy is one of the top-notch IPTV service providers in Canada. Their channel list includes more than 1950 channels. Also, the quality of video and audio is quite good. They only list movies that are Hollywood Blockbusters. Besides, they have their Android app, which is easy to set up with just a simple sign-in.
- Superior customer service
- Excellent Tech Support
- No buffering servers
- Easy setup
- No app for MAC App Store
Toronto IPTV is a well-established name in the IPTV industry. They provide a great selection of Canadian and universal channel streams. Toronto IPTV also have a fantastic VOD (Video on Demand) selection. They have multiple servers across the country, which allow quick access and streaming from anywhere within the country.
- Superior service
- Huge selection of channel streams
- Multiple servers
- Price is quite higher
4. Zazen IPTV Plans
Zazen is another top player in the Canadian TV landscape. It provides a ‘Pick-Your-Own’ service that allows customers to choose their choice of channels. Besides, by referring the service to someone, the users can enjoy a free TV service for a month. Users can also send their recommendations to include a particular channel in the list. Zazen also allows its subscribers to record up to two shows while watching any other content.
- Superior customer service
- Recording of shows
- Huge channel list
- Comprehensive User Settings
- Channel blocking and parental control setting facility
- Users need to subscribe to their ISP
5. VMedia IPTV Plans
VMedia provides a huge list of channels, and most of the channels are in HD. The set-top box runs on the Android system, allowing users to install an app from the Google Play Store easily. Based on the customer’s preference, it offers Video on Demand. Besides, subscribers can watch their favorite HBO, and HBO Go shows at their convenience.
- Provide Video on Demand (VOD) service
- Includes HD Channels
- Facilitate recording of TV shows and other contents
- It provides prepaid service
- Slow TV guide
6. Sportz TV IPTV
Sportz TV is another leading IPTV solution provider that allows users to watch their favorite TV channels on FireStick. It provides more than thousands of satellite channels worldwide, including Canada, the UK, the USA, and many others. It supports almost all Android devices like smartphones, tablets, Firesticks, and Android TV.
- Facilitate Video on Demand service
- Provide live EPG or TV Guide
- Includes several full HD channels
- Flexible pricing
- 24 Hours Free Trial
- Two connection with one subscription
- Require manual installation
IPTV Solution Conclusion:
With more convenience, superior audio and video quality, and many choices, IPTV offers everything that today’s customers expect from their service providers. With this solution, users can watch their favorite content at their convenience without any interference. A variety of IPTV options are increasing at a rapid pace. People will not be limited to what broadcasters are sharing; they’ll be able to access everything based on their choice with the help of IPTV. In all, the future of IPTV looks quite bright.