Every single business needs IT services of some form or other, yet it isn’t a case of one-size-fits-all, therefore you need to seriously consider all your IT needs. There are expensive mistakes that you can make and here are a few common mistakes that business owners make regarding IT.
- Failing to seek professional advice – When it comes to upgrading your office workstation PCs, for example, it isn’t a good idea to go low-end, as you won’t get many years of use; rather go for hi-end specs that will be usable for at least 5 years. Hardware development is racing along at record speed and without some advice, you could end up paying a lot more than you needed to.
- Going down the DIY road – This might be OK with a one man show, at least for a while, but after a while, you will encounter issues and spend a lot of time learning; talk to a Portland-based cloud services provider and they can help you make the most out of IT services. Outsourcing to a 3rd party provider is the smart way to go about all IT services and that will ensure that your organization benefits from the various IT services.
- Choosing the wrong provider – Every business will tell you they offer a service that is second to none and with something as important as IT services, you need to be sure that the provider has the resources to look after you properly. One thing you can do is ask for feedback in social media groups and Google everything you can find about the provider, which will help you to make an informed decision.
- Inadequate services – If, for example, your website is full of 4k video and 100s of high-res images, your web-hosting package might not have the bandwidth to ensure fast page loading and that is most certainly going to deter users when they arrive on your landing page. There are usually several packages when looking for web hosting, as there are for other services such as cloud networking. Seek out advice from an IT expert prior to committing to any web-hosting package, as there could be better options. Here are some tips if you are looking to generate more wealth in your company.
- Failing to use a service – Some business owners are so entrenched in using their cell phone to make calls, that they often forget about VoIP solutions and end up with a huge bill at the end of the month for that 3-hour phone dialogue with a San Francisco company. Once you have a secure cloud network, you can hire a hosted voip company and use VoIP communication platforms at a fraction of the cost of a cell phone call. You might not be aware that your managed IT services provider offers top-notch cyber-security, which is an essential requirement.
There’s no getting away from the fact that IT services are essential and by hooking up with a reliable Oregon based managed IT services company, you can make the most of available technology today. Just avoid the above mistakes and the only way is up!