Are you having a hard time because your extender’s Netgear_ext isn’t showing on the network list? Well, there can be a number of reasons why you’re facing this issue:
- Improper Netgear extender setup
- Outdated or corrupted firmware
- Weak or no internet connection
- Too much distance between your Netgear extender and router
Now that you know why your extender’s Netgear_ext is not appearing on the network list, walk through the steps mentioned below to get rid of the issue.
Fixed: Netgear_Ext Not Showing on Network List
- Check Your Internet Connection
As mentioned above, one of the biggest reasons why your extender’s netgear_ext is not showing on the network list is because of a weak or no internet connection. In order to take care of this issue, it is recommended that you get in touch with your Internet Service Provider.
Everything seems fine from his end? If yes, then check the connection between your Netgear extender and router. Chances are that the connection between your WiFi devices is not stable due to which your extender’s network name is not showing on the list.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Have you ever noticed how your mobile device or computer starts acting out if you forget to update it? There is a possibility that your Netgear extender is going through the same issue. Therefore, waste no more time, and update the firmware of your WiFi device right away:
Here are the steps you need to follow to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi device:
- Launch an internet browser on your PC.
- Access mywifiext.
- You’ll get welcomed by the Netgear extender login page.
- Input the default username and password in the given fields and hit Log In.
- Once logged in, head over to the Settings option.
- Select Administration and look for the Firmware Update option.
- Once found, select it, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Now, check whether your extender’s Netgear_ext is appearing on the network list or not. If not, then keep reading.
- Bring Your WiFi Devices Closer
If your Netgear range extender and WiFi router are placed far from each other, then it’s quite obvious why you’re stuck with technical issues.
But, worry not! To fix the issue, all you need to do is, keep your extender in the same room as that of the router. Also, make sure that both your WiFi devices are placed away from corners and thick concrete walls.
- Properly Configure Your Extender
Took the help of the aforementioned troubleshooting steps but nothing worked in your favor? Well, that’s probably because you haven’t installed your Netgear extender properly. Thus, configure your device properly from scratch.
Keep the following in the mind while configuring your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Have access to a blazing-fast and seamless internet connection.
- Ensure that your Netgear range extender is receiving enough power supply from the wall outlet.
- If you aren’t certain about the default username and password of your WiFi device, it is advised that you refer to the Netgear user manual.
- Use the default extender IP address is the web address doesn’t work.
- Keep your Netgear extender at a safe distance from devices like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, refrigerators, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, etc. Doing so will ensure that the WiFi signals of your extender don’t get interrupted during the setup process.
- Use an updated web browser to log in to your Netgear WiFi extender.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting tips mentioned above will help you fix the ‘Netgear_ext not showing on network list’ issue. On the off chance, the issue persists, then it is recommended that you restore your Netgear WiFi range extender to get rid of it.