Want your Netgear Orbi device to function properly? If the answer is yes, then we recommend you perform Orbi firmware update. Updating the firmware of your WiFi device will help you achieve better connectivity with the Orbi network. Not just that, but it will also enhance the overall performance of your WiFi device. Read on to know how to update the firmware of your Orbi using two different methods.
Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Via Manual Method
This method requires you to access the orbilogin.net administrative page. Follow the instructions mentioned below to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device manually:
- Plug the Orbi router into the wall socket and power it on.
- Grab a cable and connect your Orbi router and modem.
- Next, plug the satellite in the wall outlet and press the Power button.
- Sync both your WiFi devices.
- Launch an internet browser on your PC and access orbilogin.net.
- Enter the default login details of your Orbi and hit Log In.
- On the Netgear Orbi setup page, go to Settings > Administration.
- Look for the Firmware Update option.
- Once found, click on the Firmware Update button and follow the on-screen steps to finish updating your Orbi device.
In case you come across any issues while trying to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update manually, then give the next method a shot!
Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Using Orbi App
Note: The Orbi application operates both on Android and iOS devices. This means that regardless of what mobile device you use, you can easily update the firmware of your Orbi.
Here are the instructions you need to follow to update the firmware of your WiFi device using the Netgear Orbi app:
- Before you start, make sure that your mobile device is fully charged.
- Unlock your mobile device and launch the Netgear Orbi application.
- Then, perform Netgear Orbi login and tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Settings > Router Settings > Check for Updates.
- If any Firmware Update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to update your WiFi device.
And that’s it! In this manner, you’ll successfully be able to update the firmware of your Orbi. On the off chance, if you face any issues while doing so, then take the help of the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Can’t Perform Orbi Firmware Update? Here’s the Fix!
- Strong Internet Connection
One of the major reasons stopping you from updating the firmware of your Orbi device is a poor internet connection. Therefore, make sure that your WiFi device has a strong internet connection.
Doubtful that the internet issue might be from the end of your Service Provider? Well, in that case, it is advised that you contact your ISP and confirm the same. If the issue is from his side, give him the time to fix it.
- Stable Connection Between WiFi Devices
Chances are that the connection between your Netgear Orbi router and modem is unstable, due to which you aren’t able to update the firmware. Thus, check the connection between your WiFi devices.
If the Ethernet cable connecting your router and modem is damaged, get it fixed immediately!
Or even better, replace the Ethernet cable with a new one.
- Update the Correct Firmware Version
Most users end up facing the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue because they choose the wrong firmware version. Are you making the same mistake? If yes, rectify it right away! Ensure that you choose the latest firmware version before clicking on the Firmware Update option.
Let’s hope that these tips helped you fix the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue.
The Bottom Line
This was all about how to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device using two different methods. Now, you don’t have to worry about your device not functioning properly. You can sit back and enjoy a lag-free internet.