Did you know that the first step to treating alcohol addiction in Florida is to admit you have a problem? The next step is to identify treatment programs to kick off the habit. You will need to find quality alcohol detox centers in Florida to get treated for alcohol addiction. Addicts can choose from multiple treatment options.
How far does treatment work for alcohol addiction?
Alcohol treatment centers in Florida can cure you no matter how severe your addiction may be. This is true provided you are willing to stay committed and put in a lot of hard work. Research has shown that almost a third of those who seek treatment stop experiencing any symptom a year later. Others are able to successfully cut down on regular alcohol consumption and show fewer alcohol-related problems.
Types of treatment that you will find in rehabs in Florida:
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to treating alcohol addiction. But, you can find many types of useful treatment techniques on searching for “detox places near me”. Usually, treatment approaches are decided on a case-to-case basis and are customized to cater to individual needs.
- Inpatient Rehab: These provide a structured program for addressing all facets of addiction. In this type of treatment, an addict must stay inside an alcohol-free facility to get round-the-clock care and support. These are offered by any reputed alcohol rehab in Florida and are best for those with chronic addiction problems.
- Outpatient Rehab: These offer comprehensive care for addicts, including effective therapies and treatments one would get in an inpatient rehab. But an outpatient rehab such as Native American Rehab Center will allow you to stay at home and get treated during the day. You can keep working and being with loved ones while attending scheduled sessions during the week. This type is best suited for people with mild addiction problems.
- Alcohol Detox: Detox lets an addict withdraw from alcohol use safely until it is no more present in his system. This is usually the first step for treating addicts suffering from moderate to severe addiction. Detox may require medicine-assisted therapy for alleviating withdrawal symptoms, like during cocaine withdrawal.
- Sober Living Homes: These are called halfway houses and help addicts in making a smooth transition from a rehab to a normal life in society.
- Behavioral Treatments: These are for changing drinking behavior vis-à-vis counseling. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT is done on a one-to-one basis with therapists to identify “cues” leading to heavy drinking. Motivational Enhancement Therapy helps to build motivation to alter drinking habits.
- Medications: These are prescribed to prevent relapses and help people abstain from alcohol. They are often used together with counseling and given by health professionals in a Florida drug rehab. The FDA has approved naltrexone, acamprosate and disulfiram to treat alcoholics. Not everyone will respond to medicines, but for some, this is an effective treatment.
- Mutual-Support Groups: These organizations, like the NA and AA, and those with 12-step programs, can provide peer support to help people abstain from alcohol.
- Spiritual program: This has also been tried in treatment of alcoholics. Faith-based rehabs provide programs centering on faith where people search for guidance from higher powers. Meditation, yoga, Reiki, etc are used to alleviate symptoms.
So, find a good Florida rehab near you, and get started on a proper treatment plan to kick off your addiction. With proper care, guidance, and support, you can win the battle against alcohol addiction. Augsburg University offers college recovery program for its students and is one of the most sober colleges as well.