Millions across the globe are going through a rough patch with Netgear EX3700 WiFi connectivity issues. If you are also being bothered by EX3700 WiFi connectivity issues, then fret not! The troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post will help you fix WiFi connectivity problems with your WiFi EX3700 extender. So, read on.
Why Are You Facing EX3700 WiFi Connectivity Issues?
Before you get down to the troubleshooting steps, let’s first make you aware of the basic reasons causing the EX3700 connectivity issues. Here are some of the common reasons leading to WiFi connectivity issues with your device:
- Loose cable connections
- Improper placement of your extender
- You haven’t performed Netgear EX3700 setup properly
- Your extender is not running on an updated firmware
- Insufficient power supply
Fixed: Netgear EX3700 WiFi Connectivity Issues
Walk through the below-mentioned steps to get rid of the EX3700 WiFi connectivity issues:
Relocate Your EX3700 Extender
One of the major reasons why you are facing WiFi connectivity issues is because your Netgear EX3700 extender isn’t placed at its ideal location. To get rid of connectivity issues, relocate your Netgear WiFi range extender right away! Avoid placing your device nears concrete walls and corners. Also, ensure that you keep your extender away from transmitting appliances, electronic devices, and metal objects.
Cross-Check the Cable Connections
Another way to troubleshoot the Netgear EX3700 WiFi connectivity issues is to check your cable connections. Make sure that the cables you have used to connect your devices are not worn out. In case they are, get them replaced.
In addition to this, ensure that your cable connections have no loose ends.
Check the Power Supply
If your Netgear range extender isn’t receiving enough power supply, that might also lead to WiFi connectivity issues. Therefore, confirm that your Netgear EX3700 extender is connected to a non-damaged wall outlet.
Have a look at the Power LED on your Netgear extender. If it is stable green, then it means that your extender is receiving an adequate power supply from the wall socket.
Update the Extender’s Firmware
Performing Netgear EX3700 firmware update can also help you troubleshoot the WiFi connectivity issues. The below-mentioned instructions will help you update your WiFi device:
- Press the Power button on your EX3700 extender.
- Connect your extender to the router using a cable.
- On your Mac computer, open up an internet browser.
- In the address bar, type mywifiext local and hit Enter.
- When prompted, enter the default admin credentials, and click on the Log In button.
- Go to Settings and head over to the Firmware Update section.
- If you find any firmware update available, click on the Update button.
Wait for some time until the Netgear WiFi extender updates its firmware to the latest version.
Reset Your Netgear EX3700 Extender
If none of the aforementioned steps helped you fix the Netgear EX3700 WiFi connectivity issues, then it is recommended that you perform factory default reset.
To reset your Netgear WiFi range extender, here are the guidelines you need to follow:
- Locate the Reset button on your EX3700 WiFi extender.
- Take an oil pin or toothpick and press the Reset button.
- Give your WiFi device some time to get restored to the factory default mode.
Once you are done resetting your device, don’t forget to perform new extender setup.
The Bottom Line
Thus, by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article, you can easily get rid of the Netgear EX3700 WiFi connectivity issues. If the issue persists, then chances are that there’s something wrong with your extender. So, either get your extender fixed or replace it with a new one.