Whether you are looking to improve your skincare routine or a perfect blemish treatment, a face serum may be the product you’ve been looking for. It offers a bigger and more powerful amount of active ingredients than a moisturizer and cleanser.
A face serum is the great next step after cleansing and before moisturizing your face since it is designed to nourish, protect, and keep your skin hydrated.
What is a Serum?
A serum is a low-viscosity topical product that has a concentrated quantity of active ingredients. Its concept is that a bigger number of active molecules will possibly penetrate the skin’s surface for optimal efficacy. And since it is highly concentrated, it usually takes a shorter time to see noticeable results.
Since serums are lighter and send active ingredients quickly to the skin, it goes on the skin first after cleansing.
For maximum benefit, you need to seal the serum. That’s why putting on face cream or moisturizer is the next step.
Consider serum as a secret weapon in treating several skin issues such as dullness, discolouration, acne, or fine lines, while moisturizer is the key to hydrating the skin.
What are the Benefits of Serum?
If you applied face serum that suits the skin issue you are addressing, a serum could have a lot of benefits. Adding this to your skincare routine can give you its key benefits.
Face Serum Types and Ingredients
In choosing a skin serum, it’s vital to know that there are various serum types and particular ingredients to search for based on your skin goals.
Generally, dace serums are categorized in the following:
- Anti-aging serums – these encourage collagen production and skin renewal. Anti-aging serums usually include bakuchiol or retinol, or both.
- Hydrating serums – these contain hyaluronic acid, which is a molecule that physically combines water in the skin to make it appear plump, fresh, and younger. Hydrating serums usually contain vitamin B5 that helps hydrate skin which makes it appear smoother and dewier.
- Skin-brightening serums – these are usually chock-full of pigment-fighting ingredients and antioxidants to enhance skin tone. Skin-brightening serums’ main ingredients include glycolic acid, vitamin C, ferulic acid, kojic acid, lactic acid, liquorice root, or mushroom extract.
- Acne-prone and sensitive skin serums – these serums often have salicylic acid or parallel plant-based products. Moreover, look for niacinamide, which is a form of vitamin B3, as it is hydrating, soothing, and anti-inflammatory, and when combined with other ingredients, it minimizes irritation and relieves sensitive skin.
- Free-radical fighting serums – to help fight skin damage caused by free radicals, pick a serum with ingredients like vitamins A, C and E, and resveratrol.
- Reparative/ texture improvement serums help improve skin texture and the overall look of your skin. It is recommended that you use serums with glycolic acid. It can help you get rid of dull, dead cells, discolouration to reveal smoother and glowing skin with a uniform tone, colour, and texture.
How to Use a Serum
The best way to use serums is to make them a base layer under heavier products like sunscreen, moisturizer, and makeup. Doing this can be the best blemish treatment and can help prevent oxidative damage, discolouration, premature skin aging, dehydration, wrinkles.
You can apply a face serum once or twice daily after cleansing and toning your face. The frequency of your serum application depends on your skin goals.
Some serums work best in the morning, and some in the evening. If you’re not sure what type is right for your skin, it’s always better to talk to a certified dermatologist.
Read the following posts also:
What to look for in security service providers
What You Need to Know About Face Serum
What You Need To Know About Scaffolding Rental
When to Rent a Satellite Phone
Where to Order Signs for Businesses?
Why Microwaves Catch Fire How to Use Yours Safely?
Why right data matters in retail analytics?
Why Thorough Planning Is Crucial To Construction Management?
Why WordPress Is Still Popular for Website Development in 2021?