If you’ve ever dealt with seasonal allergies, you know that suffering from severe symptoms such as constant itching, sneezing, and eye watering can put a damper on your day and even pose a threat to your overall health and well-being. As an allergy sufferer, you may be wondering whether there’s any way to fight seasonal allergies simply and effectively. Thankfully, the answer is yes! From prepping early to using an homeopathic antihistamine and more, here are some core tips on how you can ward off and deal with pesky seasonal allergies.
Keep Your Medicine Cabinet Full
When allergy season is just around the corner, stocking up on the basics is a good idea. Keeping your medicine cabinet filled with essential supplies can save you time and hassle should symptoms start to crop up. The exact supplies you’ll need may depend on your types of allergies and the severity of your symptoms, and in some cases, you may need to visit your doctor for a prescription. However, in general, it may be a good idea to make sure you have:
- Nasal spray
- Itch relief cream
- Various cold and flu remedies homeopathic
- Menthol nasal decongestant
Protect Yourself Early
When it comes to dealing with allergies, early prevention and quick action are key. Although you may be powerless to change the outdoor pollen count during the spring, there are, thankfully, some other moves that can keep your symptoms from getting worse and prevent an all-out allergy attack. Taking these steps is especially crucial if you’re particularly sensitive to certain allergens in your area. To protect yourself early, you may want to:
- Shower after spending time outdoors
- Wear broad-brimmed hats while outside
- Check pollen counts before heading out for the day
- Wear a face mask designed to filter out allergens
- Stock up on the best over the counter flu medicine
- Clean and dust your home and workspace regularly
- Install an air purifier
The bottom line is that there are some changes that can help you fight seasonal allergies effectively. Although you may want to talk with your doctor as to other customized steps you can take, there are five tips that can help make the allergy season a little easier to manage. In particular, make sure that you:
- Keep your doors and windows shut on days with high pollen counts;
- Install home HEPA filters to help clear allergens out of the air circulating inside your home;
- Stock up on allergy medicines and herbal, homeopathic remedies to address any symptoms as soon as they pop up;
- Eat healthfully and load up on vitamins and minerals to strengthen your immune system throughout allergy season;
- Use nasal sprays and nasal rinses to clear out mucus and soothe potential allergy symptoms.
Dealing with seasonal allergies can be unpleasant, but the good news is that you can combat pesky allergies in a few simple ways. Stocking up on the right medicines and supplements and taking early protective steps are just a few of the ways you can fight annoying seasonal allergies and ensure you stay healthy all throughout allergy season and beyond.