3D printing is one of the emerging technologies that you’ll come across these days. It can be used in almost all professions and all sectors, be it pharmaceutical, IT, or medical. You are going to find 3D printing in every field. If you are a dentist and you are not aware of how 3D printing can help you, this guide is what you need. In this post, we have explained to you how you can use 3D printing in your field.
So, you’ll come across different tools and materials designed with 3D printing that can help dentists in different ways. When it comes to accuracy, 3D printer designs can offer you much more accurate designs of dentures, retainers, bridges, crowns or even surgical guides. This helps dentists to produce customizable products in much less time with much more accuracy.
Other than this, it is less costly than other designing methods. It is estimated that by 2025, almost 60 per cent of production is done using 3D printers. So, without any delay, let’s know how you can apply 3D printing to dentistry.
How to Use 3D Printing Technology in Dentistry
Now, here is a list of areas where you can use 3D printing in dentistry.
- Repairing or Replacing Teeth: Dentists use 3D printing to create a model of the dental arrangement of the patient. If you have a damaged tooth, your dentist will scan your mouth and with the help of that instrument, a 3D image of the alignment of your teeth will be created. This alignment is different for every different patient. Now, using that 3D structure, dental crowns, implants, dentures, or bridges can be created according to the need of your customer. Using this design, on CAD, users create a prototype of the dental implant or denture needed by the customer.
- Create Mouth Guards: Now, another use of 3D printing in dentistry is to create mouthguards for braces. Because of 3D printing designs, the patients no longer have to wear gooey or clay moulds. These moulds were used traditionally and need not be used when you are using 3D printing technology.
- Another way where you can use 3D printing technology is to create surgical tools for dentists.
Some Miscellaneous Reasons to Use 3D Printing Technology in Dentistry
Now, other than the reasons mentioned above, there are some other reasons for which we suggest you use 3D printing technology in dentistry. Those miscellaneous reasons are as follows:
- Precision and Time Saving: surely, if you are going to use traditional methods for creating braces or dentures, it is going to take a lot of your time. 3D printing technology will take half of the time that you will invest using traditional methods. Other than this, when it comes to 3D printing technologies, the precision is higher than that in the traditional method. Because the 3D printers produce 16 Micron thin layers, you’ll get a precise result.
- Less Cost: Now, the next reason for which we suggest you choose 3D printing technology rather than traditional methods is that the cost that you’ll have to pay for 3D equipment is much less than the cost to set up a dental lab.
Need Printing Services? Contact MACOMA TECH
MACOMATECH is a 3D printing service company in Dubai offering you every solution related to 3D printing technologies. It is a team of experts who have been working in this field for a long time and aims to offer the best to their clients. So, if you need any support related to 3D printing services, Macoma Tech is where you have to go.
3D printing is becoming popular in almost all fields. We have tried explaining to you how you can use 3D printing technology in dentistry. We hope this post has interested you.