Are your existing WiFi routers and extenders unable to fulfill your internet-related needs? If the answer to the question is yes, then we recommend you set up an Orbi WiFi system. By performing Orbi setup, you’ll be able to access a seamless internet even in the dead zones of your home.
Worry not! Setting up an Orbi WiFi system is not rocket science. Here, we will provide you with step-by-step guidelines to set up an Orbi WiFi system. So, without any delay, let’s start.
Steps to Set Up Netgear Orbi WiFi System
There are two methods to set up an Orbi WiFi system:
- Using the Manual Method
- Via the Netgear Orbi App
Let’s discuss both methods of Orbi WiFi setup one by one.
Netgear Orbi WiFi Setup Using Manual Method
- Configure the Hardware
The first step to configure the Netgear Orbi is creating a connection between the router and the modem. Once you power up the Orbi device, ensure that you connect it with your existing modem. You can connect both WiFi devices either wirelessly or via an Ethernet cable.
But, for a reliable connection, we recommend you make use of the Ethernet cable to connect the Orbi router and the modem. Also, make sure that the Ethernet cable is free from any damage. Or else, it might prevent you from setting up your Orbi WiFi system.
- Set Up the Satellite
After you physically configure the Orbi WiFi router, it is time to set up the satellite. You need to keep the following points in mind while setting up your Orbi satellite:
- Place your Orbi satellite within the range of the Orbi WiFi router. But, make sure not to place both devices too close as it may result in a clash of their WiFi signals.
- Do not place the Orbi satellite close to a concrete wall. Otherwise, the WiFi signals will get blocked.
- After placing the satellite at an appropriate location, press the Sync button on the Netgear Orbi satellite as well the router.
- Now, let your Orbi satellite sync with the Netgear WiFi router.
- Access the Orbi Web User Interface
Once your Orbi WiFi devices get synced, access the web user interface of your Netgear Orbi router. Here are the do-follow steps to access the Netgear Orbi web page:
- Switch on your computer.
- Before accessing the web page of the Netgear Orbi WiFi router, disable firewalls and antivirus software temporarily to avoid technical issues.
- Thereafter, open an updated web browser on the computer.
- Navigate to the address bar of the web browser and type orbilogin.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- Enter the Default Login Details
- Hitting Enter will redirect you to the Orbilogin page.
- Fill in the default login credentials into the required fields. Be careful while entering the default username and password of your Orbi router as they are case-sensitive.
- Click the Log In button.
- Follow the On-Screen Instructions
- The Netgear Genie dashboard will appear.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Netgear Orbi WiFi setup process.
In this way, you can set up your Orbi WiFi system using the Manual Method.
Netgear Orbi WiFi Setup Using Orbi App
- Power up your Netgear Orbi router and configure the hardware.
- Once done, choose a location to place the Orbi satellite.
- Sync your Netgear router and the Orbi satellite by pressing the Sync button on both devices.
- Now, unlock your phone and access the Google Play Store. iPhone users are suggested to go to the Apple App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Orbi app and download it.
- Launch the Orbi app on your smartphone.
- Create your Netgear account and log in to your Orbi WiFi device by filling in the default login details.
- Tap Log In.
- Go through the instructions displayed on the screen and complete setting up your Orbi WiFi system.
This was all about how to set up an Orbi WiFi system. Let’s hope that you’ll be able to configure the Netgear Orbi WiFi in your home with the help of the aforementioned steps and access super-fast internet in each and every corner of your home.