In today’s digital world we know that data is everywhere and social applications are extensively used which results in rapid data growth. Billions of users are using social media platforms and connect daily, share information, upload and download audios/videos, and perform many more things. So here comes the vital role of Big data which is not an overhead anymore. Even several companies are using big data to achieve better/improved growth and stay ahead of their competitors. They use big data to improve operations, create personalized marketing campaigns, provide better customer service, and take other actions that can enhance profits and revenue.
Big data techniques are becoming more and more important because it provides valuable insights that organizations can use to refine their marketing, promotions, and advertising to increase conversion rates and customer engagement. It also helps companies harness their data and use it to find new opportunities. Big data tools and techniques help organizations handle a huge amount of data and also help to process and store that data. It also makes a big impact on the decision-making process, as many companies are implementing big data analytics software, tools, systems, and technologies in order to make real-time data-driven decisions. Therefore there is a high demand for big data engineers. Many reputed companies are providing data engineer certification courses that can help candidates become expert big data engineers.
This article is all about important steps to becoming an expert big data engineer with Big Data Hadoop Certification in Madrid.
What is Big Data Engineer?
Big data is generally known as a huge and massive amount of collected data that can be structured and unstructured data. This data can grow exponentially with time and that can be so large and complex that can not be managed by traditional data tools and techniques. Big data contains a greater variety that arrives in increasing volume and with more velocity. We can define big data with its three important Vs: Volume, Velocity, and variety.
Big Data Engineer
Simply, Big data engineers are the professionals who work with big data that involves designing, developing, maintaining, testing, and evaluating big data solutions. These engineers are skilled with real-time data processing, implementation of large-scale machine learning, and offline data processing methods. Also, these data engineers have specialization of having enough experience with software engineering as a prerequisite to enter this evolving domain. So they are tasked with creating massive big data reservoirs, fault-tolerant and highly scalable distributed systems that can process and store massive volumes and rapidly changing data streams. They can also develop, construct, test, and maintain frameworks such as databases and large-scale data processing systems.
How to Become a Big Data Engineer?
We know that data is everywhere, and Big data technologies are changing the ways people do business and creating a need for data engineers who can collect and manage large quantities of data. So here are a few crucial steps that can help you become a successful data engineer.
- Develop Fundamental skills- The very first step towards your big data engineer’s journey is to develop your basic data engineering skills. It is a must-learn coding skill, cloud computing, and database design as a starting point at a career in data science. Coding languages like SQL, NoSQL, R, Java, Scala, and Python; ETL (extract, transform and load) systems; Relational and non-relational databases, Automation and scripting; Data storage; Machine Learning, Cloud Computing; Data security; and Big Data tools are some necessary skills that every big data engineer should learn to master their expertise.
- Achieve Certification- In each sector always certified and skilled professionals are given preference over non-certified ones. So Big data certification can validate your data-related skills to potential employers and prepare you for a certification exam in a better way to develop your knowledge and skills. There are several providers that offer big data certifications like Cloudera Certified Professional Data Engineer, Associate Big Data Engineer, IBM Certified Data Engineer, or Google Cloud Certified Professional Data Engineer that can surely help you become a successful big data engineer.
- Make a Project Portfolio- Besides fundamental skills, it is also required to enter this field with a bachelor”s degree in computer or software engineering, computer science, physics, applied maths, or equivalent. But some real-world experience such as joining a project, internships, qualify for most entry-level positions. A project portfolio can play a vital role in the job search as it can showcase your skills and expertise to recruiters, hiring managers, and potential employers.
- Begin With an Entry-Level Job- Now is the time to take a practical step towards your journey to becoming a big data engineer. So it is a must to start even with an entry-level position like business intelligence analyst or database administrator. With gaining experience time by time you can learn new skills and qualify for higher and advanced roles. It also can help you gain valuable insights on how to approach data organization challenges. These entry-level jobs can help you think creatively and find extraordinary ways to solve problems. So these jobs also help you gain an understanding of the way your chosen industry functions in the real world and how a huge amount of data can be collected, analyzed, and utilized.
- Start Pursuing Additional Certifications- Now the next step ahead is to add some other professional engineering or big data certifications to your resume. It can help you advance your career graph in the data engineering field. Some of the vendor-specific certifications such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Cloudera, etc can boost specific skills as per your requirements. One certification you can obtain is the Certified Data Management Professional or CDMP. Developed by the Data Management Association International (DAMA), the CDMP is an excellent and, all-around credential for general database professionals. Many employers will recognize the acronym on your résumé.
As a next step ahead, you also can opt for higher education degrees and certifications in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or any other relevant courses that can make your portfolio strong and attractive to get better opportunities in this domain. So are you ready to become a Big Data engineer with a few easy steps?