If you own an iPhone, you already know that entering the wrong passcode too many times will automatically lock you out of your device. If you continue entering the incorrect passcode, you might find yourself locked out permanently. However, the good news is that there are several ways on how to unlock a disabled iphone without itunes. It’s important to note that there’s no way to bypass the passcode and simply restart the device. If that was the case, then anyone would be able to do it defeating the point of the passcode’s security. This article addresses the issue of your iphone disabled and how you can unlock it using three simple methods.
The first iPhone was unveiled on January 9th in 2007 after months of rumors and speculations. However, Critics argued that the device was too expensive to do well in the market. Contrary to what most critics thought, the iPhone has becoming the popular choice for most smartphone users due to its amazing features and usability. Year after year, Apple has been releasing improved versions with the latest iPhones 13 pro and Pro Max already in the market with storage options ranging from 128GB to 1TB. During the iPhone 13 event, Apple announced the release of iOS 15 which would be available for free download. The new iOS 15 is available for iPhone users with models released from 2015; that is from iPhone 6S and every iPhone onward. Let’s dive into how to fix disabled iPhone.
Ways to Unlock Disabled iPhone
The great news about iPhone security is that an over-curious stranger or a thief cannot access the data on your device unless they have your passcode. In the event your iPhone is disabled after several passcode failed attempts, there are two practical solutions on how to fix disabled iPhone. Once the device is disabled, users find it hard to connect it to iTunes. Don’t be panic, you can still unlock your disabled iPhone or iPad without iTunes.
How to unlock a disabled iPhone with Find my iPhone
Most iPhone and iPad users believe that they can only resolve iPhone disabled problems with the help of iTunes. While one can easily restore a disabled iPhone with iTunes, it’s not the only viable solution. One of the most widely used methods of how to fix disabled iPhone is Apple’s Find My iPhone feature. The feature can be used to reset, lock, and locate your iPhone or iPad device remotely. This is one of the best ways of locking your device or erasing its content if you’ve lost it. Below are the steps to follow:
- First log into your iCloud account from a web browser. Enter your Apple ID and password and then go to the “Find My iPhone” section. Tap on the “Devices” option which will display a list of all devices linked to your Apple ID. Select the disabled iOS device.
- From this section, you can find the device, lock it, erase it, or play a sound on it. To fix the disabled iPad or iPhone without iTunes, erase the device. Select the “Erase iPhone” option and confirm the selection. This will erase the device and disable its lock as well.
How to unlock a disabled iPhone with Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock (iOS)
One of the best ways of unlocking a disabled iPhone or iPad is using a dedicated tool like Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock (iOS). This tool offers a fast, simple, and working solution to perfom an iPhone disabled fix without iTunes. The tool can help remove passcodes, Touch ID, Face ID, and the common iOS security locks. Using this method, you can regain access to your iPhone or iPad, especially unlocking an iPhone or an iPad with a broken screen easily. So, if you find a notification: iPhone is disabled connect to itunes, you have a simpler option: Dr.Fone Unlock (iOS) features
Dr.Fone- Screen Unlock (iOS) is a compatible tool with every major iPhone model such as the iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 11, 12, 13, and so on. It can also unlock a second-hand iPad or iPhone, a disabled device, and fix all related problems. The app is also available for both Windows and Mac versions as well. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download and install Dr. Fone on your Mac or Windows computer. Launch the application and click on the “Screen Unlock” feature to begin the process.
- Using a lighting or USB cable, connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer and wait for the application to automatically recognize it. Once it’s recognized, click on the “Unlock iOS Screen” button.
- The next step is to boot your device in the DFU (Device Firmware Update) Mode. The combinations for different iPhone models would vary slightly. Select the respective tab on the app’s interface and follow the on-screen instructions to boot your device.
- Once you’ve provided the correct information, go ahead and click the download button. The application will inform you once the download is complete. To unlock your disabled iPhone or iPad without iTunes, clock on the “Unlock Now” button.
- Confirm your selection by entering the code displayed. The process will automatically update the device and erase all the existing data and the settings. The device will reset and be restarted in the normal mode. Once the process is successfully completed, you’ll be notified and you can remove the device and use it normally.
With Dr.Fone, you can unlock your iPad or iPhone lock screen in different scenarios. Fully compatible with all types of lock screens, the tool can help remove screen time passcodes seamlessly without losing your data when retrieving your information. Dr. Fone is arguably the world’s leading data recovery software for mobile devices. It’s a simple to use application that doesn’t require the use of iTunes or a third person assistance.