Are you struggling with Linksys router connected but no internet issue? Well, you are not alone in the battle! It is one of the most common yet major issues reported by millions of users across the globe. But, you don’t have to worry! We’ve come up with this post! Here, you will get to know fixes to troubleshoot Linksys router connected but no internet issue. Without much delay, let’s get the ball rolling!
Troubleshoot: Linksys Router Connected But No Internet
- Restart Your Linksys Router
A proper reboot or power cycle is enough to make your Linksys router speedy. So, to initiate the process, follow the instructions highlighted below in exact given order:
- Turn off your Linksys router and modem.
- Let both your devices take some rest.
- After a few minutes, turn on your modem and then your Linksys router.
Once you’re done, check your WiFi connection by connection accessing the Linksys router setup page using 192.168.1.1 IP.
- Change the Wireless Mode on Your Router
Just in case, you aren’t getting the actual internet speed after power cycling your Linksys router, then chances are that the wireless channel on your device is overloaded. So, in that case, you need to change the router’s overloaded and default (unless changed) wireless channel by accessing the setup page using 192.168.1.1 IP and following the on-screen instructions.
- Contact Your ISP
Chances are that the culprit behind the issue is your ISP and you are blaming your Linksys router. To verify, contact your ISP and ask him:
- Is your modem up-to-date?
- Are you on an active and upgraded internet plan?
- Is there any pending internet bill?
If everything is fine from your ISP end, then head over to the next troubleshooting tip to fix internet connectivity issue with your Linksys router.
- Check the Router’s LED
Your Linksys router has different status LEDs displayed on the front or top panel (depending upon the model). So, to fix WiFi connection issue, it is important for you to check the LEDs on your Linksys router. On the off chance if any of them is blinking for too long, simply turn off and on your Linksys router after sometime.
Now, log in to your router to check the internet connection whether it is working fine or now. Don’t know how to login to Linksys router? Fret not! Drop a line into the comments section.
- Update the Linksys Router’s Firmware
Sometimes, obsolete or outdated firmware on your Linksys router can also leads to internet connectivity issues. So, make sure that your Linksys router is running an up-to-date firmware version.
Still the same? In case, you fail to get the most out of your Linksys router even after following the fixes listed above, then the only way out to cope up with the issue is to reset Linksys router back to the default factory settings.
To reset your Linksys router, do the following:
- Disconnect your Linksys router from modem and other connected devices.
- Ensure to provide the Linksys device a continuous power supply during the reset process.
- Now, locate the reset hole on your device and press it gently.
- Hold the reset hole for some time and release it.
- After resetting Linksys router, configure it again by following the on-screen instructions provided on the setup page.
Still Linksys router connected but getting no internet issue is spinning your head? If so, then chances are your existing modem isn’t working as per expectation and is not compatible with your Linksys router. Well, in that case, we advise you add a Linksys WiFi range extender to your router. Doing so will somehow fix the slow internet connection for you. Won’t believe? After adding the device, perform Linksys WiFi extender setup and experience a boost in the WiFi connection yourself.