The Sar Pass trek is located in Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. The sar pass is one of the pleasing treks rich in flora and fauna. You also get to cross gushing streams and varied terrains. The trek lies at an altitude of 13,580 ft and takes 5 to 6 days to complete. The base camp is located along the banks of the Parvati river and Parvati valley. It begins with a gradual ascent into dense forests and then into the Grahan village and then further into the steep and rocky terrain. And then further it shifts into green lush forests and then into a lesser green terrain and further into the white carpeted snow-covered terrains. From there on you’ll pass through various small meadows named as thatch. You’ll cross the Min-thatch and the bickering- thatch. It is a pure adventurous location mostly filled with adventure enthusiasts. Any novice trekker can take up this trek and taste the adventure associated with it.
- The trail starts from Grahan and enters into lush pine forests. After crossing Graham nallah the trail continues with a steep ascent and crosses vertical rocks and rhododendrons forests.
- Few more hours of walking will take you into the Grahan village where you can explore the village.
- With great views all around , your trail continues to min-thatch. On further trailing the min-thatch opens up and you get to see the locals bringing their cattles to graze.
- After this the trail gets denser with lushy forest thus, there are possibilities of you navigating away from the path.
- Further on the path gets steeper when trailing towards nagaru. While trekking through the parvati valley you’ll be presented with mesmerizing views of the rugged mountains around it.
- Later on you’ll continue trekking to the dazzling tosh village. Finally a tiring steep trail will take you to the top of the sar pass.
- The view of the magical Deo tibba and hanuman tibba peaks will mesmerize you.
- While trailing down the trek you get to see streams tumbling down the valley like a melody.
- The descent down to Bishkek village is moderate and takes you through rhododendron forests.
- Bhishkeri is a striking meadow campsite with ample flowers and bird species.
- From Bishkeri to Barshaini the trail is an exciting downhill terrain through lush green forests. On the way you will pass by the twin villages Pulga and Tulga.
Things to carry
- Shirts or T-shirts comfortably a pair, Jeans or Trekking pants again a pair.
- Carry a Windproof jacket with a hood
- Warm and thick Fleece or Full-sleeve Woollen sweaters
- Thermal inner wear ,Scarfs or muffler
- Have enough or even extra pair of Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks & regular socks
- Make sure to Comfortable Trekking or Hiking shoes
- Carry Lightweight floaters or sandals even slippers
- Water bottle which are sturdy
- Carry a Cap or Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face.
- Carrying your Walking stick or Trekking pole will help you out during the steep climbs
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch or Flashlight with extra batteries will help you when you camp.
- Carry Medicines, for any specific medication. In addition to that carry basic first aid also
- Carry your Personal toiletries
- Hand Sanitizer and Extra face masks will help you keep up with the covid protocol.
Best time to visit
Sar pass trek will be a blissful experience when attempted during the months of May to October
The spring will present you with its wild blooms decorating your path as you trail through the forests.
This trek covers a total distance of 48kms, Also Read: delta airlines booking.
a) Registration Form to take up this trek
b) Medical Certificate signed by a registered MBBS doctor stating your fitness
c) NOC form by trekker for taking this trek.
Trekking is all about the joy of solitude, silence, and peace, as much as it is about forming everlasting friendships and getting to know new people.
If you are driven by taking up this trek, minus the fanfare of fixed departures, you can book for the trek with one of the local operators in the Great spread Open Adventure Travel Networks.
cross the dazzling Sar Pass trek, with just your own friends for company and enjoy the solitude.