Today, you’ll find several types of electric folding bikes in the marketplace. Each of them although might have a slightly different mechanism however the basics remain the same.
These bikes nearly come at a price tag as other e-bikes, however taking into consideration the long run, they can save you lots of money! Folding electric bikes come at a price range of $600 -$1,200.
Save Money with Electric Bike
The oil costs are only going to rise further. In addition, the road taxes for motorbikes, cars and similar carbon-emitting automobiles are rising as governments look to encourage travelers to be eco-friendly.
Electric foldable bikes feature lithium batteries. Assuming the fact that a single battery continues for a year, you will be able to save more than $1,000 only in the gas during that period. The best part is, you won’t have to pay any type of road tax for the e-bike!
Storage and Convenience
Folding electric bikes are gaining popularity also due to their convenience. You can fold them up nicely and store away with no trouble.
The bikes are easy to transport and take with you. Simply take off the 4 clasps that are attached to the bike. The bike will fold up in a little pack which can be taken around effortlessly.
Besides, you could fold them and place it in the office area right beside you so that no one gets their hands on your bike without asking you!
Another consideration which is very crucial when determining which folding electric bike is suitable for you is the weight of the bike. Even though you can fold and carry them, you must also consider their weight. You don’t want to drag around them while you’re on the bus or train! If possible your electric foldable bike must be lightweight.
Maintenance and Operating Tips
Listed below are some helpful maintenance and operating tips:
- When not in use, switch off the bike’s e-power.
- While parking, make sure that the kick-stand is locked properly and the bike remains stable.
- While you’re riding the e-bike, never turn-on the switch throttle grip in the right to full-throttle because it might result in an excessive start e-current which may harm the battery.
- After charging the e-bike completely, you’ll have a ride range that is more or less conditional on the factors such as the condition of the road, the wind direction and the loading weight.
- It’s recommended to pedal more while starting the ride and opposite to the wind for increasing your total range and for extending the life of the motor and battery.
- Always look to pedal when you’re riding on a rough or muddy road.
- While cleaning the e-bike, use moist or wet cloth for wiping, never use a squirt gun or water hose for cleaning the bike.
- Never oil the brake shoes on the front.
- Ensure the pressure on the tire stays at the correct level.
The above tips will make your ride enjoyable and also help prolong the battery life of the e-bike.