A refrigerator tops the home appliance must-have list today. Previously thought of as a luxury of sorts in low-income households, refrigerators have become ubiquitous in urban households. Whether you choose a double door fridge or a single door model, the bottom line is, a fridge is a necessity and there are many brands and models available in the market. In fact, with affordable models out there, you may be hard-pressed to zero in on just one. Nonetheless, there are many things to consider while buying a fridge, not least of which is the size or capacity. This aspect can help you decide on which kind of fridge you want and this also affects price points, with larger double door fridges being more expensive than smaller single door types. Challenging as it may be, selecting the ‘right’ refrigerator for you and your family’s needs is important. With online portals selling fridges of all types and from all the top brands, you can browse and compare models, such as the Godrej refrigerator with an LG refrigerator and then make an informed decision. Let’s see what you should fundamentally consider while buying a new fridge online.
Consider the Type
The age of technology and the demand for convenient lifestyles has resulted in brands manufacturing fridges of different types. While a double door fridge and a single door fridge broadly represent the two basic fridge types consumers tend to purchase, now, there are multi-door refrigerators as well. These have more than the conventional two-sectioned double doors, offering you three or four doors. While you consider the type of fridges you can buy, also think about the space you have. While shopping for a refrigerator, factors to consider are dependent on each other. For instance, a multi-door fridge will cost you more than a simple double door model, so you have to think of the cost too. Here are the different types of fridges available today.
- Single Door Fridge – Here, the refrigerator has one door. This is the most common type available for the average and low-income household, as these come in small capacities and with affordable price tags.
- Double Door Fridge – In a double door model, there are two doors, one for the freezer section and the other for the fridge area.
- Triple Door Fridge – This type has three doors, or two doors and one drawer. Typically, the freezer section is located at the very bottom as it isn’t used as much as the fridge. A kind of refrigerator that prevents you from bending as the fridge sections are located higher, this is a popular model today. The latest models are offered by brands like Haier, Samsung, Panasonic, LG and Whirlpool.
- Side-by-Side Fridge – These are large fridges, resembling wardrobes with two vertical doors opening — one for the freezer area and the other for the fridge. These fridges may have water dispensers and ice makers as well. The top brands that offer these large fridges include Haier, Samsung, Hitachi and LG.
- French Door Fridge – With four doors, you may not get a model like this in a Godrej refrigerator, but brands like LG and Samsung offer these. They have four doors — two top ones for the fridge and two bottom doors for the freezer. Since they are large-capacity fridges, they aren’t too popular in the Indian context.
Your Best Online Fridge Bet
If you shop from an online platform like the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store at Finserv MARKETS, you can browse for a fridge model that suits your pocket and capacity. Think of the space you have, and different aspects of the interiors of fridges like door bins, freezer space inside etc. You should check features, specifications and energy-saving systems too. Here you can buy best selling double door fridge or multi-door fridge on lowest EMIs.
- LG 190 litre Single Door GL B201APZX – Suitable for 2-member families, this is a direct cool single door fridge that requires manual defrosting. With a 4-star energy rating, you can save nearly 35% of your power bills. Working on a direct cool inverter compressor, this is a great performing model that is compact.
- Samsung 253 litre Double Door RT28T3042S8/NL – This frost-free fridge is great for a family of 3 or 4 members, and has a digital inverter compressor. Assuring you of superb cooling and energy-saving technologies, this fridge is ideal for preserving food for long periods. With substantially large interiors and enough door bin space, your fridge takes a load of food without you having to worry about space crunch or overcrowding.
- Whirlpool 260-litre Triple Door FP283D PROTTON ROY – The cooling retention of this fridge is more efficient than others as with multi-doors, you get segregated cooling for different storage requirements. This multi-door model is enough for a 5-member family. Furthermore, with enough room in the interior and shelves made of toughened glass, this is an excellent feature-rich model from Whirlpool.
Get the Fridge You Want
Whether you want a Godrej refrigerator or a superior Hitachi fridge, you can find a wide assortment of models at the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store. Select the model you like and pay for it in easy monthly instalments. Use the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card and you can purchase the item on No Cost EMI.