A domain name is the most important aspect of a website. It is the address of your website to help the visitors find your product, brand, or business. Therefore, losing a domain name is just as losing your address. If you are running an eCommerce business, it is essential to have the domain renewed on time. Losing a domain will be a big blow for your business or service and even for retaining customer relationships. It is essential to renew domain regularly before it expires. Buying a domain for a longer term will save you from renewing every time.
To keep your domain active, an on-time renewal of it is essential. When you buy or register a domain, it becomes valid for a prescribed time based on the plan you choose. Generally, it is between 1 to 10 years. The article explains the significance of a domain name and why it is important to renew a domain on time. You will also get to know how to renew your domain.
What is the significance of a domain name?
With a good domain name, you can gain credibility and establish trust among your customers. It keeps away spammy websites and domain parking, and ensures complete protection to your website. In addition, a good domain name helps improve SEO and gives better visibility by having your website on the first page of a search engine.
The risk of losing a domain name
If you fail to renew your domain on time, you will lose your brand name and identity. A domain being the address of your website will face the following:
- Expired domain names are in great demand. A domain name, which is registered and used, will still carry the history. When bought by someone, it will bring traffic to the website and for this reason, such domains are often bought by people.
- Your domain can be used for domain parking. A parked domain is using unused domains to earn extra money. Such a domain is not connected with any web-related services; instead, it is leveraged for advertisements. When your domain is inactive and not connected to your website, it can be used for parking.
- Competitors could purchase your domain and redirect your traffic to their website if you don’t renew your domain name and it expires.
- An expired domain will impact your SEO adversely. If your site goes down, there is a good chance of your domain losing its ranking in the search engine results.
- When a domain name expires, you have the risk of losing your customers, and have to begin from the scratch.
How to renew your domain?
To renew your domain, you can choose to do it through email, account manager, or express. You can also choose an auto renewal option to renew your domain on time. To renew your domain, you can do it in 4 easy steps:
- Log into your account
- Select the option ‘Domains’
- Review your order and cart
- Confirm and finish
Once you confirm your order, you will get an email confirming your purchase. If you fail to renew your domain, you will get a lot of reminders and mails from the registrar. You can follow up the email and messages and renew your domain on time.