Is the LED on your Netgear Orbi device constantly blinking purple? Well, that can be due to a plethora of reasons: loose cable connections, outdated firmware, too much distance between the wireless devices, WiFi interference, faulty hardware, technical glitches, etc. Regardless of what might be the reason why you’re facing this issue, the troubleshooting tips mentioned below will surely help you resolve it. So, stop waiting, and read on.
Solved: Netgear Orbi Purple Light Issue
- Reboot Your Orbi Device
Yes, it’s the simplest thing to start with but it has worked wonders for many users. No harm in trying the same, right? Follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to reboot your Netgear Orbi wireless device:
- Disconnect every device connected to your Orbi’s network.
- Power off your Orbi router and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your Orbi router back into the socket and turn it on.
Now, check whether you are able to get rid of the Netgear Orbi purple light issue. If not, give the next troubleshooting hack a try.
- Check the Power Supply
Chances are that your Orbi device is not getting an adequate power supply from the wall socket due to which you’re experiencing the Netgear Orbi purple light issue.
Therefore, make sure that your Orbi is receiving a sufficient power supply. If the wall socket to which your device is connected is damaged, plug your Orbi into another wall socket.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Chances are the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem is worn out or damaged from somewhere. But, worry not!
To troubleshoot the issue, connect your wireless devices with a new Ethernet cable. Or, you also have the option of connecting your devices using a wireless source.
- Update the Firmware
Performing Netgear Orbi firmware update can also help you troubleshoot the purple light issue. Therefore, follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your Orbi to the latest version:
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser on it.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type orbilogin.net, and press Enter.
- Use the default login credentials to log in to your Orbi device.
- Head over to the Settings menu and click Maintenance.
- Select Firmware Update and follow the on-screen instructions to complete updating the firmware of your device.
In this way, you’ll be able to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update with ease.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Another thing that you can do to get rid of the Netgear Orbi purple light issue is to place your Orbi device away from electronic devices, transmitting appliances, reflexive surfaces, and metal objects.
Such devices include Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions, etc.
- Reset Your Orbi Device
Are you still struggling with the Netgear Orbi purple light issue? Oops! Looks like you are left with no other option than to reset your wireless device.
Restoring your Orbi to the factory default settings will surely help you get rid of the purple light issue. So, follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to reset your device:
- Look for the Reset button located on your Orbi wireless device.
- Once found, press it with the help of a pointed object.
- Wait for some time and let your device get restored to the default mode.
As soon as you are done resetting your Orbi device, access the Netgear Orbi login page, and reconfigure it.
Fixing the Netgear Orbi purple light issue isn’t that hard. However, many users face issues while trying to do so. But, if you follow the tips mentioned in this article, there’s nothing that can stop you from getting rid of the purple light issue.