Have you ever endured a laptop keyboard not working? You may witness this situation sometimes or frequently. But don’t worry, in this composition, we will introduce several ways to fix your keyboard not working issue, no matter your keyboard isn’t responding, or keyboard isn’t working, or some crucial input is incorrect.
These results are working for all laptop brands, including Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Huawei, Razer, and other Windows 10 laptops.
Our result is divided into three situations, the entire keyboard not working, some keys don’t work, and some keys aren’t inputted rightly, you only need to choose the result that suits your keyboard.
Each situation is divided into several different ways. You don’t need to try all the way. Once your keyboard is working, you can give up another way.
Related post: How to fix 0x0 0x0 error code.
Why is my keyboard not working in Windows 10?
There are multiple possible effects that can beget trouble when it comes to your peripherals. You might be dealing with tackle issues, or commodity could simply be wrong on your system itself.
We were suitable to collect the most common causes reported by Windows 10 druggies and made a list that might have a cause that applies to you as well.
- Your keyboard is damaged: Physical damage can beget issues when you are trying to use your keyboard. Especially in the case of a USB keyboard, make sure to check both the body and the connecting string for any signs of damage.
- Your battery is low: However, ensure that the battery is charged If you use a wireless keyboard. However, change the battery, If demanded.
- Your motorists are missing or outdated: Motorist updates are demanded to make sure your computer corridor all serve as intended, indeed if they aren’t natively supported by Microsoft.
- However, your device may not work: If the correct keyboard motorists are missing or outdated.
- You’re using the wrong USB harborage: It’s possible that you’ve plugged your keyboard into a USB harborage it’s not compatible with. You may also have a damaged USB harborage that needs to be replaced.
- Your power settings are inadequately configured: Windows 10 has numerous power-saving options. One of these functions allows your computer to turn off inactive bias, conceivably turning your keyboard off.
- Windows 10’s Filter Key bug: There’s a given bug in Windows 10’s Filter Keypoint which causes issues with codifying on the login screen. At the time of jotting, Windows 10 updates released by Microsoft feel to fix this.
- A new major Windows 10 update: Occasionally major Windows 10 updates can break effects on your computer.
Related post: How to Fix Your PC When It Says “Your PC Ran Into a Problem”
Laptop keyboard not codifying and working
- Still, then are many effects you could try
- If your Windows11/10 Laptop keyboard not working. Check the keys physically
- Clean the keyboard using an encounter
- Check if the keyboard works in BIOS
- Reinstall the keyboard motorists
- Reset keyboard settings back to dereliction
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State
- Run Keyboard Troubleshooter
- Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
- Disable Filter Keys and see.
1. Check the keys physically
The first thing you can do is, try to find if some keys or keyboard have broken physically somewhere. However, there’s nothing important you can do, If there’s a physical impact. You need to carry this laptop to the service center.
Clean the keyboard using an encounter
Take an encounter and start drawing the keyboard. Make sure you remove all the dust, and the keyboard is crisp and clean. You can use a laptop drawing tackle, or you may use an old toothbrush. Keep your encounter dry and gently clean off your keyboard.
2. Check if the keyboard works in BIOS
Another thing you can do to make sure the keyboard works when you have penetrated the BIOS menu. Renew the computer and while it’s booting up, hit the keys ( generally Esc or Del) to open the Memoirsmenu. However, also we can assume the problem is with the software part and not the tackle part, If you were suitable to open the Memoirs menu and use the arrow keys to navigate.
Read more: Fixing Windows 10 File Name Error
3. Reset keyboard settings back to dereliction
If you believe that some external software or you might have changed the keyboard settings and made it unworkable. You can reset keyboard settings back to dereliction.