I had always been an adventurous person and being a girl I never followed societal norms for a girl. Riding a bike, climbing trees, swimming, camping always fascinated me and when I completed my studies. I was determined to go on a solo trek to Roopkund which is famous for its difficulty levels.
I made my list ready about the trip and googled a lot about the do’s and don’ts for the journey as I had to be prepared for this tough journey. Here I came across the tour package of Thrillophilia that offered trek trips to Roopkund at reasonable prices.
After going through several beautiful Thrillophilia reviews on their page I was pretty convinced to continue my journey with them. The difficulty at the steep paths was quite frightening at times. But the sense of achievement after reaching the peak was beyond words. To know more about nature, mountains were a surreal experience which I have described below.
What I Liked About the Roopkund Trek
- The dense oak forests of Gehroli which were found in the initial journey of the trek have to be my most favourite places of all. I took a short stroll inside the forest which was covered with gigantic trees with various birds nests on them. The forest floor was covered with dry leaves, pretty flowers and spending time at this place gave me the most peaceful moments of my life.
- The meadows that fall between Ali Bugyal and Bedni Bugyal are one of the breathtaking sites I have seen. The lush greenery, mountain peaks of Mt trishul and Mt Nanda ghunti were really impressive for me to watch out for. I took some beautiful captures of the Neelkanth peak, kedar dome, Chaukhamba range that look absolutely beautiful in the fainting sun rays.
- This trekking was surely an adrenaline rush experience for me for its rocky steep slopes and snowy peaks. The weather and winds also determine a major part of this journey along with the sharp ridges but overall it was quite a roller coaster ride for me.
If you want to visit Patancheru or any other Indian city, Click here Patancheru for the Pin code of all Indian cities.
My Roopkund Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Start from base camp of Lohajung
I started my journey from the base camp of Lohajung which took me 10-11 hrs to reach. This place is located at a height of 7,700ft and I travelled there with the help of a cab.
Day 2: Lohajung to Gehroli patal
Started my journey from lohajung to Wan located at 8000ft which took me an hour’s drive. Then I proceeded to Gehroli patal which approximately took me 4 to 5 hrs to trek a height of 10,000ft. These areas are covered with dense oak trees, Latu devta temple, Bridge over Neel Ganga and beautiful flower valleys that are a delight to watch out for.
Day 3: Gehroli patal to Bedni Bugyal
To travel to a height of 11,500 ft of Bedni Bugyal it nearly took me 3 to 3.5 hours since I had to be a bit careful on the steep paths to Ali Bugyal . From here after the path till Bedni bugyal was an easy task and here I took a bit of time off for food and water.
Day 4: Climbing to Bedni Top
I had to climb to the Bedni top which was almost at a height of 12,200 ft and due to its steep paths I had to be cautious.
Day 5: Bedni Bugyal to Patar Nachauni
The path to Patar Nachauni at 12,700 ft was quite easy and took me 4 hours. Since it was covered with meadows and low mountains covered with snow.
Day 6: Patar Nachauni to Bhagwabhasa
It took me 3 hours to climb a steep top of Kalu Vinayak and then descend down to some areas to finally reach Bhagwabasa located at 14,100 ft.
Day 7: Bhagwabhasa to Roopkund
After trekking for almost 3 hours along the steep paths I reached the Roopkund at 15,750 ft and it was finally a journey of achievement.
Day 8, 9: The return journey
After spending some precious moments at the peak and capturing wonderful pictures I started the return journey to basecamp.
Taking some really amazing memories of this beautiful trekking experience arranged to perfection by Thrillophilia. You can check out the Thrillophilia reviews to find what people have to say about the Roopkund trek! Kudos to their entire team for arranging such wonderful trekking experiences for solo female trekkers.
- Altitude:15,750 ft
- Difficulty level: Very difficult
- Duration: 9 days
- Best Time: September, October and November
Read Also: Best camping sites in Uttarakhand