PSPCL, the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited, conducts the PSPCL JE exam to recruit junior engineers every year. As per the official notification, there are a total of 75 vacancies for junior engineers, out of which 25 posts are reserved for women belonging to Punjab. Since the post of a junior engineer is a technical position, there are eligibility criteria for candidates.
If you wish to apply for the PSPCL JE Mains exam, you must have a B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc Engineering degree in electrical or electronics engineering. It is necessary to have obtained at least 50% marks in your undergraduate course. Those who do not have an undergraduate degree can also apply if they have done a full-time regular diploma of three or four years in electrical or electronic engineering by any institute recognized by the State or Central government. If you are eligible for the exam, you must start preparing the PSPCL syllabus as early as possible.
Syllabus of PSPCL JE Mains Exam
Since the PSPCL JE Mains exam syllabus comprises specific field-related topics, the syllabus includes important electrical or electronic concepts. The weightage of subject-related knowledge is 70 marks. Further, the PSPCL JE exam comprises three other sections – General English, General Science, and Reasoning. The weightage for these sections is 10 marks each. The following is the detailed syllabus of the PSPCL JE Mains Exam for each section:
- AC and DC machines;
- AC circuits;
- DC circuits;
- Semiconductor diode;
- AC Fundamentals;
- DC Machines;
- Basic Concepts;
- Measuring Instruments;
- Active and Passive Components;
- Electrical Circuits and Systems;
- Synchronous Machines;
- Electrical Machines;
- Power Supplies;
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering;
- Classification of Materials;
- Synchronous Machines;
- Basic Electromagnetic Laws;
- Electrical Machines;
- Induction Machines;
- Electronics and Electrical Technology;
- Generation, Transmission, Distribution;
- Utilization of Electrical Energy;
- Basic Concepts, Reductance, Inductance;
- Estimation and Costing;
- Concepts of Current;
- Circuit Law.
General English Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension;
- Improving Sentences and paragraphs;
- Modes of narration;
- Parts of speech;
- Para jumbling;
- Voice Change;
- Fill in the blanks;
- Completion of paragraphs;
- Cloze Test;
- Idioms & Phrases;
- Word Formations;
- Sentence Rearrangement;
- Subject-Verb Agreement;
- Prefix, Suffix;
- Error detection and correction;
- Sentence Translation.
General Knowledge Syllabus:-
- Indian Economy;
- International & National Organizations;
- General Science;
- Current Affairs;
- Books and authors;
- Punjab History;
- Punjab Polity;
- Sports and entertainment;
- Punjab Current Updates;
- Science and Inventions;
- Economy and Polity of the Country ;
- Countries, Capitals and Currencies;
- Headquarters of Important Organizations;
- Government Rules and Schemes.
- Data Sufficiency;
- Distance and Direction;
- Blood Relations;
- Seating Arrangement;
- Alphanumeric Series;
- Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning;
- Order and Ranking;
- Logical sequence test;
- Inserting the missing characters;
- Number series;
- Logical Venn diagram;
- Assertion and reason;
- Eligibility test;
- Sitting arrangement;
- Sequential output tracing;
- Numbers, ranking & time sequence test;
- Verification of truth of the statement;
- Machine input;
- Mathematical operations;
- Situation reaction test;
- Sequential output tracing.
Strategy to Qualify the PSPCL JE Mains exam.
Here are some of the most crucial tips to help you ace the PSPCL JE Exam.
• The Punjab government conducts the PSPCL JE Mains exam in two languages; English and Punjabi. You should choose the medium with which you are familiar. If you are well-versed in English, you can choose the English medium. Otherwise, opt for the CCSK Exam in the Punjabi language.
• Do not skip chapters from the syllabus. You can segregate the topic according to their relevance for the exam.
• You should focus more on engineering concepts because the specific-knowledge section is for 70 marks, whereas the other three sections are for 30 marks. Make sure that your basics are clear.
• Moreover, for the General knowledge questions, you should focus on the culture, history, and geography of Punjab.
• The PSPCL JE exam is a multiple-choice question exam. Therefore, it is recommended to mark the answers to easy questions first. Then you can proceed with difficult questions.
• You must also solve previous years’ question papers. For a thorough revision, you can also give PSPCL mock tests. You can consider BYJU’s Exam Prep PSPCL sample papers that cover all the crucial topics for the PSPCL JE exam.
Also Read:- Tips to excel in class 6 maths Olympiad exams
The minimum qualifying marks in the PSPCL JE exam are 45%. Since there are limited vacancies for the post of PSPCL JE and the number of applications is quite high, you must score well in the exam. For the best PSPCL JE coaching, you can join BYJU’s Exam Prep. You will learn all the basic and advanced concepts in the syllabus.